Your Robin's Nest
Your Robin's Nest
Advocating for children with Special Needs
Your Robin's Nest is devoted to obtaining the most appropriate educational services for your child with special needs. Below is a sampling of several of the services we provide:
- Attending IEP meetings
- Reviewing iEP's and 504 plans
- In-class observations
- Service recommendations: OT, PT, speech. etc
- Providing resources: testing, tutoring, etc.
- Education placement recommendations: eg. resource rooms, ICS classes, out-of-district
- Representation at Mediation Hearings
- Representation at Administrative Due Process hearing
Our experience has shown that the most appropriate services are often obtained when one of our professionals steps in to advocate for a child. In situations where a parent is completely dissatisfied with the services recommended by their in-school district, our legal staff can appeal the district's recommendations and provide representation at administrative hearings to determine what may be the least restrictive environment to best meet the needs of the child.
- If you want to know what your rights are under the law in layman’s terms, we can help.
- If you need someone to sit alongside you at IEP meetings, we will be there.
- If you require someone to represent you in court, we can do that.
- If you need references for testing and/or counseling, we have them.
- If you need tutoring services, OT, or PT specialists, we know who to call.
- Knowledgeable school districts and team members often welcome the help of our advocates.
Morris County: Boonton, Chatham, Chantham Township, Chester, Chester Township, Denville, Dover, East Hanover, Florham Park, Hanover, Harding, Jeffferson Township, Kinnelon, Lincoln Park, Long Hill Township, Madison, Mendham, Mine Hill, Montville, Morris Plains, Morristown, Mount Arlington, Mount Olive, Mountain Lakes, Netcong, Parsippany, Pequannock, Randolph, Rockaway, Roxbury, Long Valley, Washington Township, Wharton
Somerset County: Bedminster, Bernards , Bernardsville, Bound Brook, Branchburg, Bridgewater, Far HIlls, Franklin, Gladstone, Green Brook, Hillasborough, North Plainfield, Peapack, Raritan, Somerville, Warren, Watchung
Union County: Berkeley Heights, Clark, Cranford, Fanwood, Garwood, Hillside, Kenilworth, Linden, Mountainside, New Providence, Rahway, Roselle, Roselle Park, Plainfield, Scotch Plains, Springfield, Summit, Union, Westfield, Winfield
Essex County: Belleville, Bloomfield, Caldwell, Essex Fells, Fairfield, Glen Ridge, Livingston, Maplewood, Millburn, Montclair, North Caldwell, West Orange
Hunterdon County: Annandale, Califon, Clinton, Clinton Township, Flemignton, Glen Gardner, High Bridge, Lebanon, Lebanon Township, Oldwick, Tewksbury, Whitehouse, Three Bridges
Middlesex County: Carteret, Dunellen, Highland Park, Metuchen, Middlesex, Old Bridge, Piscataway, South Plainfield, Woodbridge
Monmouth County: Aberdeen, Colts Neck, Freehold, Hazlet
Bergen County: Edgewater, East Rutherford, Englewood, Fair Lawn, Fairview, Fort Lee, Franklin Lakes, Garfield, Glen Rock, Hackensack, Lodi, Mahwah, Montvale, North Arlington, Oakland, Paramus, Ridgefield, Ridgefield Park, Ridgewood, River Edge, Rutherford, Wycoff
Hudson County: Bayonne, Guttenburg, Hoboken Jersey City